Tuition is only available if:
- You’re aged 17 or over, and
- hold a valid UK provisional driving licence; and
- are legally entitled to drive in the UK.
On your first lesson you must present your instructor with a valid provisional licence.
You must notify your instructor of any matters which affect your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, e.g., any lack or loss of a valid UK professional driving licence.
Cancellation of lessons
If you want to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 48 hours’ prior notice should be given by email or text. If you don’t give at least 48 hours’ notice of cancellation, you’ll be charged for the lesson(s) concerned in full. In the event of you having booked your driving test, the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) requires you to give three clear working days to cancel your test to avoid losing your DVSA test fee.
Payment and lesson bookings
You must pay for any tuition at least 48 hours before the start of the lesson by either:
1. Debit card online. (Insert payment link)
2. By bank transfer – bank details available on request
3. Cash or cheque payable direct to your instructor
4. Pre-paid gift vouchers are available to purchase by the above methods and aren’t transferable once redeemed.
The cost of pre-paid tuition is based on the lesson price at the time of booking and will be honoured for 6 months afterwards – irrespective of any price increase that may occur between the date of booking and when the lessons are taken. Any unused lessons remaining after 6 months have elapsed will be subject to any lesson price increase applied prior to the lessons which shall become payable by you.
Special offers and discounts
Lime offers a range of offers and discounts for new and existing learner pupils. All offers are non-transferable and we reserve the right to introduce (and to withdraw) special offers from time to time.
Lime carries the appropriate motor insurance to provide comprehensive cover should you be involved in a collision as a learner driver, whilst in control of driving the instructor’s tuition vehicle.
Your instructor and/or Lime are not liable to you for any loss or damage caused where, and to the extent that:
- There is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by the relevant person or body;
- Such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of such a breach of a legal duty;
- Any such loss or damage, or increase in the same, results from any breach or omission by you; or
- Any such loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of the relevant person or body.
Your instructor and/or Lime shall not, in any event, be liable for losses relating to any business interests you may have including, without limitation, lost profits, loss of opportunity or business or business interruption.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.